The Jongert 2900M SCARENA is one of the most impressive yachts of the Jongert modern line. She is one of the best built, has a very impressive Specification list with the best of materials chosen and is one of the safest and most comfortable cruising yachts in her size. No short measure has also been given to her innovative technology and sailing performance that will meet even experienced and ambitious sailors’ demands.
In 1996 she was awarded the prize for the finest sailing yacht in her class. Her elegant and generous interior feature a saloon amidships with spacious dining area – all in pear wood, the luxurious owner’s suite with underwater panoramic window and three comfortable guest cabins, all en suite and in elegant wild service tree furnishing.
A completely separated crew area is located in front of the saloon and finished in teak. A hardtop which is integrated above the deckhouse slides by pushbutton to the stern to shade and protect the entire seating area that can be completely enclosed. With an additional sun canopy the whole spacious cockpit and aft deck can be converted into an airy leisure area.
Some of her most impressive features are:
- Rondal Aluminium tapered mast and Park Avenue boom.
- Special noise and heat insulation throughout the yacht for maximum comfort.
- Dry exhaust on main engine and both generators for silent operation under engine or generator.
- Shore Transformer enables to use electricity on docks worldwide.
- Air intake for ship ventilation in mast for dry and clean air.
- Especially selected pear-wood has been chosen for owner´s and guest accommodation and salon.
- Extra large aft garage for dinghy storage with dive compressor and equipment etc.
I have been in charge for the owner to establish her Specification, overlook the build and spent in total one year at the Jongert shipyard for her build. Once delivered by Jongert, I have sailed on her for 1 ½ years from Holland to Turkey than across the Atlantic into the Caribbean and in summer further to New England.
I therefore do know the Jongert 2900M SCARENA very well and would be pleased to answer all your questions.
An extraordinary yacht and a real jewel among the Jongert-Yachts! -Still in the 1st owner hands!!
UNDERGOING A SUBSTANTIAL REFIT IN PALMA DE MALLORCA!